Who we are
Vision & Mission
Our vision is for a flourishing and confident heritage community in the South West. Our mission is to create opportunities to connect and inspire the heritage community across the South West, for the benefit of organisations and their audiences.
Supporting the Sector Since 1931
Formed in 1931 along with the 8 other regional federations in the UK, we promote a culture of shared learning across the region. We connect members with each other, our partners, and wider sector organisations.
WHAT WE DO
We run a dynamic and exciting programme of creative digital sessions that showcase best practice, encourage learning and discussion and enable networking.
We provide relevant sector news, ideas, advice and promote the latest career opportunities through our social media and e-newsletters.
We advocate the value and benefits of the South West’s museums, art galleries and heritage sites.
We provide an umbrella body for regional subject specialist groups – currently, the SW Implement Petrology Group
Our 2021 AGM pack is now available. Click below for full document. This will be emailed to all our members.
Please click the buttons below to read our Anti-Racism statement, Equal Opportunities policy and Environmental policy, signed off by the board in March 2021.
Please click the buttons below to view our 2020 AGM minutes, 2020 AGM report and 2020 Finance report.
Please click the buttons below to view our Articles of Association which was approved in 2019 and our Rules
- Chair - Claire Dixon
- Vice Chair - Andrew Thompson (West Devon & Cornwall)
- Secretary - Charlie Newman (Cornwall)
- Treasurer - Craig Dixon
- Communications Secretary - Laura Service
- Membership Secretary - Anna Luisa Somner
- Events Administrator - Emily Cooper
- University Relationship Manager - Alison Horgan
- Student Representative - William Taylor
- Creative Programme Officer - Jessica McKenzie (BANES)
- Creative Programme Officer - Iona Keen (Bristol)
- Creative Programme Officer - Charlotte Churchill
- Creative Programme Officer - Maureen La Frenais (Dorset)
Representatives from the following organisations attend a quarterly session to share news, updates and discuss key issues for the sector. Contact us if you would like to be involved or suggest other organisations we could work with: