Who we are
Vision & Mission
Our vision is for a flourishing and confident heritage community in the South West. Our mission is to create opportunities to connect and inspire the heritage community across the South West, for the benefit of organisations and their audiences.
Supporting the Sector Since 1931
Formed in 1931 along with the 8 other regional federations in the UK, we promote a culture of shared learning across the region. We connect members with each other, our partners, and wider sector organisations.
WHAT WE DO
We run a dynamic and exciting programme of creative digital sessions that showcase best practice, encourage learning and discussion and enable networking.
We provide relevant sector news, ideas, advice and promote the latest career opportunities through our social media and e-newsletters.
We advocate the value and benefits of the South West’s museums, art galleries and heritage sites.
We provide an umbrella body for regional subject specialist groups – currently, the SW Implement Petrology Group
- Chair - Claire Dixon
- Vice Chair - Andrew Thompson (West Devon & Cornwall)
- Secretary - Charlie Newman (Cornwall)
- Treasurer - Craig Dixon
- Communications & Marketing Secretary - Laura Service
- University Relationship Manager - Alison Horgan
- Creative Programme Officer - Helen Daniels (BANES)
- Creative Programme Officer - Emily Cooper (Glos.)
- Creative Programme Officer - Iona Keen (Bristol)
- Creative Programme Officer - Fiona Pitt (Devon)
- Creative Programme Officer - Maureen La Frenais (Dorset)
Representatives from the following organisations attend a quarterly session to share news, updates and discuss key issues for the sector. Contact us if you would like to be involved or suggest other organisations we could work with: